You are a consummate juggler. Multiple projects, demanding clients, diverse personalities and a steady flow of deadlines – yet you handle it all in stride and complete every task with a quality outcome.
We are a digital marketing agency seeking a dedicated project coordinator that can help us deliver exceptional digital experiences to our clients on time and on budget. This includes large-scale websites, smaller micro sites, mobile apps and digital content such as animation, streaming video and audio podcasts.
Reporting to the Director of Project Services, you will be responsible for managing the studio’s master schedule, tracking deadlines, balancing resources, maximizing staff utilization and ensuring all hours worked are accurately captured for reporting. You’ll stay on top of project tasks, assign them to the right people, and make sure they have what they need to get them done. Most importantly, you will be the glue that holds it all together in our studio, and ultimately, the creator of one seriously happy client.
You need to have an interest in technology and the web – dare we say, even be passionate about it. That doesn’t mean you need to know how to write code, but you need to be in tune with where the web is going and just how a large-scale website gets made. All this needs to get thrown in with a dash of marketing acumen, an innate desire to watch the details, and a great sense of humor.
Toolhouse is a small(er) digital marketing agency full of passionate and creative people that work hard and play hard. Despite our size, we have some really big (make that huge) clients from coast to coast - all leaders in their respective industries. We’re located in Bellingham, Washington. 45 minutes from Vancouver, BC and 90 minutes from Seattle. It’s the perfect mix of small-town tranquility and big-city amenities. Do you like to snowboard? Sail? Shop? Bike? Run? Hike? Fish? Dine Out? Listen to live music? So do we. And that’s just on a Wednesday.
If you’ve read all this and we still haven’t scared you off, this just might be your type of gig. Send us an e-mail (email@example.com) and we will be in touch.
No phone calls or unsolicited recruiters please.
Here are all the nitty-gritty details (you are a details person, right?):
- Create, maintain and monitor project schedules for all ongoing projects in the studio.
- Work with Project Services to allocate hours for each task within the schedule, and assign resources to those tasks based on resource availability and expertise.
- Ensure studio staff are properly supported and prepared to begin and complete tasks assignments on time. Prioritize and manage day-to-day project activities (traffic) so all client promise dates are met.
- Ensure all hours worked are accurately entered into our project tracking system.
- Facilitate regular communication between account directors, studio managers, designers, developers and producers - the whole team.
- Provide regular reports on staff utilization, resource balancing, and project schedule status.
- Ensure all projects are accurately processed and maintained in our project tracking system, to include opening projects, assigning project numbers, adding required project files, and closing out projects.
- Work with Project Services and Account Management teams to coordinate and facilitate vendor management as needed. Includes determining vendor availability, ensuring vendor paperwork is in place, gathering estimates, etc.
- Act as project coordinator across multiple projects. Includes scheduling internal meetings, taking meeting notes, creating action items as needed, following up with staff to ensure action items are completed and/or roadblocks are addressed.
- Assist in quality assurance efforts throughout the project lifecycle.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in project management, traffic management, or related role (preferably within an agency environment)
- Strong technical skills and an understanding of production processes for the web, video, and other interactive media.
- Proven experience allocating and balancing multiple resources across an array of projects.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of talents and personalities while juggling multiple projects all at once.
- Ability to focus and work under pressure during tight deadlines with humor, thick skin and professionalism.
- Knowledge of standard project management tools and methodologies, including risk, scope, budget, timeline and change management.
- Ability to carefully track and manage details and communicate with staff to ensure action items are resolved.
- Familiarity with standard project management tools and software. Familiarity with Workamajig is desired.