Web Analytics Lead
Us: Toolhouse is a digital marketing agency, focusing on solving complex problems in innovative ways for big clients. We pride ourselves on our technical expertise, and use it to unlock data and knowledge for our clients that becomes the foundation of our creative strategy and execution. We are a tight-knit team of passionate strategists, designers, developers, writers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a common goal: create uncommon solutions and have fun doing it. Our clients are leaders in the healthcare industry, with high expectations that we take pride in exceeding.
You: You have an innate passion for all things digital, savvy marketing, beautiful visual aesthetics, and brilliantly thought-out function. You love to get in the weeds of the data, slicing and dicing and slicing again. You take it as a personal challenge to understand what our users are doing and why, and see opportunities where others see a spreadsheet. You look for ways to know even more, and champion the charge to tag, track, analyze, visualize and optimize the user experience with ever more clarity.
The Job: You’ll proactively research and analyze data across a variety of platforms and channels, including web, email and paid digital media, to inform clients about the effectiveness of their digital initiatives and make recommendations to optimize. You’ll work closely with our internal teams, including marketing strategy, development, designers and writers, to recommend new analytics strategies and collaborate to influence more effective creative decisions. You’ll be counted on to bridge creative, technical and strategic efforts to ensure we’re all working with our best understanding of the end user behavior in mind. Any day of the week you may be working on developing strategies, analyzing reports, or recommending new test points or solutions across a variety of digital channels, all while conscientiously aligning your work with project and business goals.
The Location: You get to live in Bellingham, Washington. We remodeled an old cannery on Bellingham Bay and kept the kitsch while adding some kick. Nestled between the rugged Cascade mountains to the east and the San Juan islands to the west, we sit at the doorstep of endless outdoor fun. Do you like to snowboard? Sail? Shop? Bike? Run? Hike? Fish? Listen to live music? So do we. And that’s just on Wednesday. Bellingham is only 45 minutes from Vancouver, BC and 90 minutes from Seattle. We work hard, we play hard, and we have a great view.
We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K contribution matching.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our client’s needs, business, products, market and business activities
- Regularly and proactively review website, email and paid digital media metrics and identify trends, disruptions, successes, failures, opportunities, etc.
- Create dashboard and customized reports of analytics for client review, to include data visualization graphics and key insights based on project and business knowledge
- Ensure integrity of all reported data by thoroughly analyzing and testing results
- Present metrics reports and findings to clients through formal presentations
- Identify opportunities for optimization and make recommendations accordingly in support of marketing objectives and enhanced user experience
- Suggest, create and execute multivariate or A/B/C tests that drive improvements in support of marketing objectives and enhanced user experience
- Work with the Marketing Strategy team to identify and prioritize key performance indicators and develop an analytics strategy that can be clearly executed through tagging mechanisms and custom code as needed
- Set up attribution models (identified in conjunction with the Marketing Strategy team) to measure and analyze multi-channel marketing effectiveness
- Create and execute metrics test plans to ensure that the analytics strategy has been fully implemented by the Development team
- Understand and recommend tactics/methods for integrating with 3rd party data sources, such as CRM systems, as needed to enhance available analytics
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and features that can improve efficiency or improve quality of reporting and data analysis
- Normalize data from GA, database and other software/platforms in play to ensure consistency across tracking sources
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years experience analyzing web/email/paid digital media analytics, preferably in an agency environment
- 3+ years experience with Google Analytics
- 4-year degree
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing, Internet technologies, web analytics, social media and mobile
- Ability to analyze and dissect data in a variety of ways to see trends, anomalies, or other results, and make recommendations to continually optimize based on that data
- Ability to create professional-looking reports and presentations using various data visualization techniques
- Expertise working with raw data in Microsoft Excel or similar
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills
- Strong analytical abilities and the ability to carefully manage details
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personalities
- Ability to work across multiple projects at once
- Ability to focus and work under pressure during tight deadlines with humor, tact and professionalism
Desired Skills or Experience
- Experience with other analytics tools, beyond Google Analytics, such as Omniture or Adobe Analytics, or reporting tools such as Tableau, is desirable
- Experience with Marketing Automation Tools, such as HubSpot and Act-On, for data analysis purposes, is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience integrating or pulling data from CRM systems, such as Salesforce, is a plus